Pages

Monday, February 6, 2023

A Girly Birthday Card in Blue

Hey there and welcome. In this post, I want to share a birthday card. To make this, I grabbed one of my favorite rubber stamps called Emily (Whimsy Stamps). For coloring, I used watercolor pencils. It has been a really long while since I last used watercolor pencils & actual stamps because of all the beautiful and convenient digis. But I had so much fun stamping and getting my fingers really inky :) Speaking of inky fingers, I used Distress Ink in Broken China to stencil the cloud background directly onto the card base. Next, I die cut the sentiment and then hand cut the image leaving a thin white edge. After adhering the sentiment and the image, I tied small bows and added them to the card, so the edges where the image and the sentiment meet could be hidden. As a final touch, I applied some Crystal Stickes, and my card was done.

I hope you like how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.


Hugs,

Jinny


Stamp used: Emily (Whimsy Stamps)

 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

The Paper Shelter Challenge #539 Bows and/or Pink (I added bows)

Crafty Catz Challenge #623 Anything Goes (Optional Twist: Female Birthday)

Digi Choosday WK4 Anything Goes

Polkadoodles Challenge Wk4 Anything Goes

Penny’s Challenge #539 Anything Goes

We Love to Create Challenge #1 Anything Mixed Media Goes

Allsorts Challenge Week 714 Anything Goes

Gem of a Challenge Wk3 Anything Goes

5 comments:

Pauline C said...

Very pretty card - lovely image, great colouring and I love your stencilled clouds. Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.
Pauline xx

Linda Mc Enery said...

Congratulations on winning last week's challenge Jinny!
This is so adorable! I love Sylvia Zet's images. Fabulous background. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter!
Linda

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card thanks for sharing with us at Crafty catz and good luck

Wendy said...

What a beautiful card! Your coloring is amazing! Thank you for sharing and playing along with Polkadoodles ~ Wendy

Renske Wishes You said...

This is really pretty. Love your coloring. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty challenge. Good luck with your entry.

Renske, Penny's DT

A Pencil Holder for Penny’s Challenge

Hi there and welcome. I hope you have a fantastic week so far. Today, I’d like to share my DT creation for Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge . ...