Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

A Valentine’s Day Card in Cold Colors

Hey there and welcome. In this post, I want to share a Valentine’s Day Card. The image I used here is called Iris, and I have it in rubber, but I think this cutie is also available in digital format. After stamping, I colored her in with alcohol markers. At first, I wanted to use soft pinks, but then I decided to step out of my comfort zone and go for bold cold colors. After coloring, I hand cut the image leaving a thin white edge. Then I die cut the word love and colored it with the darkest purple marker that I used to color in the image. Next, I adhered a piece of patterned paper onto the card base, then glued down the sentiment and the image on top. To finish off the sentiment, I hand wrote the word with. As a final touch, I added faux stitching with a silver gel pen, and my card was done.



I hope you like how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

 

Hugs,

Jinny

 

Stamp used: Iris (Whimsy Stamps)

 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Love Is in the Air

Passion for Markers Challenge Week 676 Add a Heart

Double D Challenges Hearts

Incy Wincy February Challenge Valentines and/or In The Garden

Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Love Is in the Air

SheepSki Designs Challenge #71 Wings and Paws

Di’s Digi Design Challenge Add One or More Hearts

Allsorts Challenge Week 714 Anything Goes

PIP Challenge 2305 Anything Goes

Digi Choosday Challenge Wk 5 Anything Goes

7 comments:

brenda said...

Such a sweet colourful card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Elaine Stark said...

Very pretty and beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

Diane said...

Adorably cute image and card, beautiful too!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B} NEW March 3rd

Makira said...

💗💗💗 this little fairy. I saw this on Pammies Inky Pinkies and had to stop by for a closer look. I would love for you to enter it into my other challenge, Park Hopping My Happy Place. Your card represents the meet and greet with the Disney fairies in Pixie Hollow at Magic Kingdom, FL. Your card is a welcome addition to our challenge, and I'd be thrilled to have you join us. Have a creative week.
Makira
https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/
https://mkccreate.home.blog/

Bonnie Lynn said...

Beautiful!! I love your cold colors for Valentine's Day. Thanks for playing along at Pammie's Inky PInkies. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT

The Crafty Den said...

Such a cute card Jinny. The image is adorable and your colouring is perfect. Love the background too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Cara said...

I love that bold purple hair! Beautiful card! Thank you so much for entering our February Paws & Wings Challenge at SheepSki Designs. Good Luck and please come play with us again!
Cara, SheepSki Design Team
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

A Small Treat Bag for Creative Knockouts

Hey there and welcome. I hope you have a wonderful week so far. In today’s post, I’d like to share my DT creation for Creative Knockouts . T...