Pages

Monday, January 15, 2024

A New Challenge at The Crafter’s Cafe

Hey there and welcome. I hope your week got off to a great start. In this post, I’d like to share my DT project for The Crafter’s Cafe. The theme is 'Fancy Edges', and Polkadoodles as our fabulous sponsor offers 3 digis to one lucky winner, so I hope you will join us in the fun.

To make this card, I started with stenciling the card base using Distress ink in Broken China and a touch of Peeled Paint. While it was drying, I colored the adorable image called Bob in a Boat. After coloring it with Copic markers, I die cut it into a circle. Then I decided to create a background, so I stenciled some clouds. Next, I distressed and inked up the edges of my circles with Broken China Distress ink. To add those onto my card base, I grabbed foam tapes. Then I added some gems and also applied Crystal Stickles and Glossy Accents. As a finishing touch, I drew seagulls and added white highlights, and my card was done.

 



I hope you like how it turned out, and I really look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge!


Hugs,

Jinny


Stamp used: Bob in a Boat (Polkadoodles)


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Cute Critters

Passion for Markers Challenge Week 721 Use a Stencil

Allsorts Challenge Week 763 Make Your Own Background

Crafty Catz Challenge #663 No Designer Paper

I Love ProMarkers Challenge #550 Animals

Gem of a Craft Challenge WK1 Anything Goes

Polkadoodles Challenge WK1 Anything Goes

Digi Choosday WK1 Anything Goes

10 comments:

Makira said...

Awesome card!!!! If you’re interested in adding your card to another challenge, check out my challenge here: https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/ Cheers, Makira

The Crafty Den said...

A really cute card Jinny and I love how you created your background. The image is adorable and your colouring is fantastic. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Ellibelle said...

This is so sweet and beautiful! Love the bokeh background and wonderful glitter around the image.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Liz said...

Lovely card, Jinny. I love the delicate background you’ve created for your cute image. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz xx

Cards By MI said...

Such lovely card. Love everything about it! Then colours, the cute image, the design. Just fabby! Thanks for playing with us over at PFM this week.
Love n hugs
Marie, DT PFM

brenda said...

A short C&P comment as I'm unable to type/craft much with MS flare up, but wanted you to know I've seen your Allsorts entry and thank you for sharing with us.

B x

SarahR said...

Hello Jinny, my goodness your card is so stonking cute! I love the image and your stencilling is fabulous - great clean lines style to your design as well. Thanks for joining in with us at Passion for Markers for my first challenge - use a stencil - this week, Sarah - DT.

chrissy xx said...

Such a sweetie! LOve your design...GORgeous background!
Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz.
GDT Chrissyxx

Mervi said...

So gorgeous and fun card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.
DT Mervi

Helen said...

Really cute - love your background.

Helen x

A Small Treat Bag for Creative Knockouts

Hey there and welcome. I hope you have a wonderful week so far. In today’s post, I’d like to share my DT creation for Creative Knockouts . T...