Pages

Monday, January 30, 2023

A Monochrome Birthday Card

Hey there and welcome to my blog. Today, I want to share a birthday card, which was quite challenging to make. I rarely make monochrome themed cards, so I was definitely stepping out of my comfort zone. But I am pretty satisfied with the result, so maybe I will make more of them in the future. Okay, enough babbling, let’s get started with the card.

When making it, I followed a sketch provided by My Favorite Things challenge. I started with stenciling the cloud background on my card base. I used Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink, which happens to be one of my favorite colors of Distress inks. It has been a long, long while since I last used rubber or clear stamps, so I kind of had some trouble with stamping the images. It took me some time to get the hang of it again :) Thank goodness there is a stamping tool! After coloring the adorable images with alcohol markers, I hand cut them leaving a thin white edge. Then, I die cut a stitched circle out of vellum. Next, I colored a small piece of vellum with pink alcohol markers and hand cut a cloud shape. Using double-sided tape, I adhered the vellum pieces and the images. After die cutting and adhering the sentiment, I applied Crystal Stickles on the letters and the pink cloud. As a final touch, I added some white highlights here and there, and my card was done.

I hope you like how it turned out and thanks for stopping by.

Have a wonderful day.

 

Hugs,

Jinny

 

Stamp set used: Birthday Buds (My Favorite Things)

 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

MFT Sketch Challenge #630

As You Like It Challenge Favorite (Mostly One) Color

It is a tough choice, but if I could use just one color for the rest of my life, it would be pink. I realized the markers and Distress ink pads I had to refill were all pinks. And my shortest colored pencils are also pinks, so I must choose pink as my favorite color :)

StarStampz Challenge #42 - Animals

Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes

Polkadoodles Challenge WK4 Anything Goes

5 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

I love how this turned out, Jinny! Your design is fabulous!

Nunzia Carusio said...

This is the cutest CAS card ever! Thanks for sharing it at Polkadoodles.
Nunzia DT

Kim said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with Star Stampz!

Brenda said...

This is an adorable card. Those sweet images belong on pink for sure. Well done, Jinny. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

Samantha said...

This is such a cute card! I love the little animals. Thanks for joining the Star Stampz challenge

Feminine Challenge at Dream Valley

Hey there and welcome. I hope your week got off to a great start. In this post, I’d like to share my DT creation for Dream Valley . Our them...