Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2023

A Sparkly Happy Birthday Card

Hey there and welcome. In this post, I want to share a birthday card. To make it, I grabbed one of my favorite (but badly neglected) rubber stamps. It is such an adorable image, but I don’t reach for it very often because using digital images is just too convenient, right? Anyway, after stamping this cutie, I colored her up with alcohol markers. Instead of stamping a sentiment, I did some die cutting: the eclipse technique is one of my favorite ways to add a sentiment, so I ended up doing it. Then, I grabbed a sponge dauber and Distress Ink in Seedless Preserves and made a dotted background on the card base. Next, I matted my finished panel on dark navy card stock and glued it onto the card base. After adhering my die-cut sentiment, I applied Crystal Stickles on it, and my card was done.

I hope you like how it turned out. Have a wonderful day.


Hugs,

Jinny

 

Stamp used: Bundle Girl Flower March (Stamping Bella)

 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Passion for Markers Challenge Week 674 For a Child

Allsorts Challenge Week 712 Spots and/or Stripes

Stamping Sensation January Challenge Add Some Sparkle

Krafty Chicks Challenge #648 All Occasions

Di’s Digi Stamps Challenge Make It Sparkle

Simon Says Monday Challenge Beautiful Blooms

The Paper Shelter Challenge # 538 Something Cold (I used cold colors)

Digi Choosday Challenge WK3 Anything Goes

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes

PIP Challenge 2303 Anything Goes

12 comments:

Dena J said...

Very effective eclipse technique! And a charming image with those lovely flowers. Thank you so much for playing along with the Spots and/or Stripes challenge at Allsorts.

Lori Podolsky said...

You've created such a sweet and adorable card, Jinny. I love the colours and details, too. Thank you for joining our "Something Cold" challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck on your entry. Have a happy day. Hugs, Lori - DT

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Many thanks for sharing this sweet card in our challenge at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Mrs.B said...

This is a lovely card an that image is so cute.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Avril x

Ilonka said...

I love youre creation, Thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute image and dotty background.Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
Carol DT x

Anet's Crafting said...

Just beautiful card Jinny, love the soft colours you used and the die-cut technique. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at The Paper Shelter. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT

brenda said...

Very sweet image and prettily coloured, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges.

B x

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

The Crafty Den said...

What a cute card Jinny. The image is adorable and your colouring is perfect. Your eclipse sentiment looks amazing. Thank for joining us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Marlene Atkinson said...

A sweet card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene

Christin said...

It's so cute! Thanks for joining us at DigiChoosday! Christin

Feminine Challenge at Dream Valley

Hey there and welcome. I hope your week got off to a great start. In this post, I’d like to share my DT creation for Dream Valley . Our them...