Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Lots of Layers Challenge at Creative Knockouts

Hey there and welcome. Today, I want to share my DT project for Creative Knockouts. The theme for this week is Lots of Layers, and Hetty Clare Art as our generous sponsor offers 2 images for one lucky winner, so I really hope you will find some time to play along with us!

I must admit that this week’s challenge was a real challenge for me because I do not often add many layers on my creations. I gravitate towards CAS, so my projects tend to be simple with the focus on the main image. Anyway, let’s go on with how I made my card. First, I started with coloring the adorable image called Hamster Party. For coloring, I as usually used Prisma colored pencils. And here is where my struggle began: I just couldn’t find the patterned paper that I had intended to use (and my stash of DP isn’t even that big!). Eventually, I had to give up searching, but luckily enough I happened to find some other scraps :) After doing quite a bit of die cutting, all I had to do was just adhering and assembling all the parts. To add as many layers as possible, I also grabbed some baker’s twine and banner die cuts to create the sentiment. As a final touch, I applied Diamond Stickles and added faux stitching, and my card was done.


I hope you like how it turned out, and I really look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge!

Hugs,

Jinny


Stamp used: Hamster Party (Hetty Clare Art)


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Incy Wincy Challenge All Creatures Great and Small

PIP Challenge 2144 Anything Goes

Creatalicious Challenge #222 Anything Goes

TTCRD Challenge Anything Goes

Color Crazy Challenge #43 Anything Goes

Polka Doodles Challenge #44 Anything Goes

Digi Choosday #44 Anything Goes

7 comments:

Maria Giselle B. said...

I think the PP you used turned out great. Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs All Creatures Great And Small +/Or Spotted Paper Challenge. Good luck!

Sheryl said...

This is such a fun design.
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx
TTCRD DT

Myriam said...

Such a fun card and beautiful colouring, love the vibrant colours!
Thanks for playing with us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Craft Challenge.
I hope to see you next time.
Hugs, Myriam
DT Polkadoodles

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh how fun is this on Jinny! Love it!

Donna Walls said...

A very sweet card with wonderful coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at The Color Crazy Challenge. Donna

Jackie C said...

This has come together beautifully!
Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious.
Good luck, we all hope to see you and your wonderful creations again!

Maz said...

How sweet, and fab colouring :) Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday - best of luck!
Maz DT
https://blackheartcrafts.blogspot.com/

Buttons and Bows Challenge at Dream Valley

Hey there and welcome. I hope you have a fabulous day. In this post, I’d like to share my DT creation for Dream Valley . Our theme is “Butto...