Pages

Thursday, July 6, 2023

Finish the Inside Challenge at Creative Knockouts

Hey there and welcome. I hope you have a wonderful week so far. In today’s post, I’d like to share my DT creation for Creative Knockouts. The theme for the next two weeks is “Finish the Inside”, and SheepSki Designs as our generous sponsor offers 3 images to one winner, so I really hope you will find some time to join us.

The image I played with for this challenge is called Clematis Trellis. To make this card, I started with coloring the gorgeous image with alcohol markers. After coloring, I decided to cut the panel into a rectangle. But parts of the image didn’t fill in the rectangle as I wanted. So, I cheated a little bit: I extended some lines and colored them in. Next, I die cut some butterflies and a frame. For coloring the butterflies, I grabbed the same markers that I used on the flowers. After adhering all the parts, I stamped the sentiment. Then I added white highlights. As a finishing touch, I used a gold paint marker on the flowers, but while I was doing it, a large blot ruined one of the flowers. So, I cut out a small butterfly, drew in some lines, and adhered that to cover the blot.


I hope you like how it turned out, and I really look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge!


Hugs,

Jinny


Stamp used: Clematis Trellis (SheepSki Designs)


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

SheepSki Designs Challenge #76 Celebrations

Simon Says Monday Challenge Summer Mood Board

As You Like It Favorite Plain or Patterned Papers

(It’s plain for me. Even though I love patterned papers, I have a really hard time to mix and match them. So, I respect all those people, who can.)

Beautiful Blossoms June Challenge - Anything Goes

Digi Choosday Challenge WK25 Anything Goes

Polkadoodles Challenge WK25 Anything Goes

Gem of a Craft Challenge WK13 Anything Goes

I Love ProMarkers Challenge #538 Anything Goes

PIP Challenge 2326 Anything Goes

5 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Beautiful card Jinny, inside and out. Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Lisa said...

Gorgeous colors on this card. Love the colors on the flowers.

Wendy Jackson said...

Such a pretty card and lovely colouring …love the clematis and your design

Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday challenge at Digi Choosday !

Love and crafty hugs from

Wendy (DT)

Darlene said...

Beautiful creation ... love the happy summertime colors! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
BB DT
BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Gail Hutchinson said...

Jinny thank you for showcasing one of Andrea's image. I love it when I can actually comment on someone's blog who has used a SheepSki image. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Sheepski Designs and best of luck with your entry.

Gail DT for https://sheepski-designs-challenges.blogspot.com/

A Feminine Gift Box for ‘A Place to Start Challenge’

Hey there and welcome. I hope your week got off to a fabulous start. In this post, I would like to share my DT creation for A Place to Start...