Pages

Monday, February 5, 2024

Anything Goes Challenge at A Place to Start

Hey there and welcome. I hope your week got off to a wonderful start. In this post, I would like to share my DT card for A Place to Start Challenge Blog. The theme for February is Anything Goes with optional twist "Monochrome". Even though we don’t have a sponsor for this challenge, I hope you will still find some time to join us.

To make this month’s card, I started with inking up my card base with Seedless preserves Distress Oxide Ink. While stenciling, I masked off the middle part of my card base with a piece of roughly torn paper. Then I sprinkled some water drops and let it dry on its own. Next, I colored and fussy cut the image called Lizabeth Rockabilly (Lacey Sunshine). To find this cutie, I dug really deep in my digital vault. I’m not 100% sure if the exact same image can be found on the Color of Love site, but maybe you would like to check. Before adhering my image, I stamped some hearts onto my background with Picked Raspberry DOI and also applied Crystal Stickles along the border. Next, I glued the image and stamped the sentiment. As a final touch, I added three iridescent gems, and my card was done.

 



I hope you like how it turned out, and I really look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge!


Hugs,

Jinny


Stamp used: Lizabeth Rockabilly (Lacey Sunshine) - Color of Love


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

As You Like It Challenge Pearls or Gems? (I love to use gems on my projects. I usually gravitate towards bright and bold colors, so I feel that the bling of gems suit my creations much better than the subtle sheen of pearls.)

StarStampz Challenge #54 Anything Goes

Crafty Catz Challenge #664 Anything Goes

Polkadoodles Challenge WK 4 Anything Goes

We Love to Create Challenge 1 Anything Goes

Crafts Galore Encore February Challenge Anything Goes

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes

Gem of a Craft Challenge WK 3 Anything Goes

6 comments:

chrissy xx said...

What a sweetie she is! GORgeous colours and design.
Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz.
Chrissyxx

Chana Malkah said...

Your image is beautifully colored! Such a cute project all around. It seems we both had purple and hearts on our minds! Nice work!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Wendy said...

What a beautiful card! I love that torn paper and the girl is adorable! Thank you for sharing and playing with Polkadoodles ~ Wendy

Jennifer J said...

Love your coloring, and the pretty purples. Just a lovely card.

Ginny said...

Gorgeously done! Thank you for joining this Star Stampz Challenge. All the best!
--- DT Gina Ang ---
Star Stampz Challenge 54 - Anything Goes/Fairies

Carole J said...

Such a sweet card, Jinny. Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” February Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

A Feminine Gift Box for ‘A Place to Start Challenge’

Hey there and welcome. I hope your week got off to a fabulous start. In this post, I would like to share my DT creation for A Place to Start...