Pages

Thursday, August 3, 2023

Summer Fun Challenge at Creative Knockouts

Hey there and welcome. I hope you have a wonderful week so far. In today’s post, I’d like to share my DT creation for Creative Knockouts. The theme for the next two weeks is “Summer Fun”, and The Paper Shelter as our generous sponsor offers 3 digi images to one winner, so I really hope you will find some time to join us.

The image I played with is called My Happy Summer Face. Isn't it just adorable? In my part of the world, the heat is scorching, so I cannot make such a happy face, but his expression is just too cute! To make this card, I started with stenciling the background. While it was drying, I colored the image with alcohol markers. Then I tore some patterned paper and adhered it to my stenciled background. Next, I glued down my fussy-cut image. To fill in some empty spots,    I stamped palm trees from a Paper Smooches stamp set and colored them using alcohol markers again. I then matted the panel onto a piece of yellow cardstock. After stamping the sentiment, I added white highlights here and there and drew some birds. As a finishing touch, I applied Crystal Stickles, and my card was done.


I hope you like how it turned out, and I really look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge!


Hugs,

Jinny


Stamp used: My Happy Summer Face (The Paper Shelter)


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Summer

PIP Challenge 2330 Inspiration Board

Di’s Digi Design Challenge Animals Acting Like Humans

The Paper Shelter Challenge Anything Goes

Digi Choosday Challenge WK29 Anything Goes

Polkadoodles Challenge WK29 Anything Goes

Gem of a Craft Challenge WK15 Anything Goes

2 comments:

Catie Cuddles said...

Adorable … I loved this image too x

Makira said...

Wow, this card is awesome! Your swimming puppy is adorable! If you're open to exploring more opportunities to showcase your talent, I encourage you to consider participating in another exciting challenge: Park Hopping My Happy Place; your card reminds me of the Secrete Lives of Pets ride at Universal Studios Hollywood. Your contribution would undoubtedly add an extra spark of creativity to the challenge. Have a great week!
Cheers, Makira
https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/

A Feminine Gift Box for ‘A Place to Start Challenge’

Hey there and welcome. I hope your week got off to a fabulous start. In this post, I would like to share my DT creation for A Place to Start...