Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2021

Embossing Delight Challenge at Creative Knockouts

Hey there and welcome. Today, I want to share my DT project for Creative Knockouts. The theme for this week is Embossing Delight, and our very own Kelly as this week’s generous sponsor offers a $25 Close to My Heart surprise package for one lucky winner, so I really hope you will find some time to play along with us!

To make this card, I started with inking up the edges of my card base using DOI in Salty Ocean. Then I splattered some water drops to make it look more interesting. While the card base was drying, I colored up all the plants with Prisma colored pencils. The stamp I used on this card is called Tropical Background, and this set includes the sentiment, which I also used. After coloring, I grabbed a pale blue marker to fill in the blank spaces. Next, I did some die cutting: First, I die cut the sentiment part, then three more circles from scrap paper. After gluing them all together, I heat embossed my now dimensional circle. For the first two coats, I used clear, for the third coat, I grabbed holographic powder. The sparkle and shine is absolutely beautiful, and I love that so much! As a final touch, I added faux stitching and Glossy Accents, and my card was done.


I hope you like how it turned out, and I really look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge!

Hugs,

Jinny


Stamp used: Tropical Background (Angie Blom Digital Designs)


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

SheepSki Designs Challenge #55 Hot and/or cold colors

Watercooler Challenge #326 All About Occasions

Color Crazy Challenge #40 Anything Goes

Gem of a Challenge #21 Anything Goes

PIP Challenge 2141 Anything Goes

TTCRD Challenge Anything Goes

Polka Doodles Challenge #41 Anything Goes

Digi Choosday Challenge #40Anything Goes

8 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Wow, this is so beautiful Jinny! Love the gorgeous tropical florals!

Tristan said...

Whjat a fun, bright and colourful card Jinny. Love how you've coloured all those tropical flowers and leaves. Thanks for joining us at trhe WWC. Tristan DT.

Jackie C said...

Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Nunzia Carusio said...

Wonderful coloring and design.
Thank you for choosing to join our Challenge at Polkadoodles Challenge blog.
Hope to see you again soon.
×
Nunzia

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous and colorful card! Thanks for linking up with us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies and Best of Luck in the Draw! Donna

Annette said...

This is beautiful. So vibrant and fun with all the colour. LOVE It.
Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Polkadoodles Digi Choosday,
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
As You Like It Challenge.

sweetpea said...

Love the tropical look. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Polkadoodles craft challenge Janet DT

Gail Hutchinson said...

Jinny what a beautiful card. I love the tropical flowers and how you gave a tutorial on how you did the embossing. Thank you for joining us at SheepSki Designs and good luck with your entry. Gail DT

A Slide & Pop Draw Birthday Treat Box

Hey there and welcome. I hope you have a fabulous week so far. In today’s post, I’d like to share my DT creation for Creative Knockouts . Th...