Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Flora and Fauna Challenge at Creative Knockouts

Hey there and welcome. Today I want to share with you my DT project for Creative Knockouts. This week’s theme is "Flora and Fauna". The Artsy Stamper is our generous sponsor and offers one digi set to one lucky winner, and that could be you, so I really hope you will find some time to play along with us!


For this challenge, I made two cards.
My unusual color choice for a turtle might seem weird, but the first card I made for a very special friend, who is suffering from cancer. I can’t imagine how hard it is for her, especially during these times of this horrible pandemic and social distancing. She happens to have two tortoises, and pink is one of her favorite colors, so I decided to use pink and purple shades for coloring. She also loves glitter, but I did not want it to come off and transfer on her fingers, so I used metallic paints instead. The metallic splashes not only shine beautifully, but you can also feel some texture when touching them.
 


The second one is a mini card. I have recently started to make mini cards, and I love them! The advantage of resizing digis is really helpful here. So, after printing out three small (different sized) turtles, I colored them in and used foam tape to adhere them. Then I stamped the sentiment, and my card was done.
 


 
I hope you like how my cards turned out, and I really look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge!
 
Hugs,
 
Jinny
 
 
sentiment on the mini card (Just Because stamp set: Pinkfresh Studio)
 
 
I would like to enter the following challenges:

9 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

These are both just fabulous Jinny! Love the purple/pink and the fun background on the top one but love the traditional one as well!

Great work!

Cynthia said...

Both cards are fabulous, Jinny! Great sentiments and colors.

brenda said...

What fun Turtles, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our 'All Creatures Great and Small' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Vickie Y said...

Oh My Goodness...I love the pink turtle. I'm a cancer survivor and I'm sure your card will put a smile on your friend's face. Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge

Lynne K said...

Oh, they're gorgeous! I especially like the pink one! Such a thoughtful gesture for your friend, bet she loved it. Thank you for sharing them with us for our July challenge at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Kartenstempeltina said...

Wunderschön gemacht und traumhaft schöne Farben, gefällt mir, danke dir für deine Teilnahme bei der Traumfabrik, liebe Grüße Bettina

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Thank you for joining us at challenge Lemon Shortbread
DT Maria

Rosmarie said...

Fabulous cards and wonderful color choice! I'm sure your friend will appreciate your thoughtful gesture and be very happy about it! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Dream Factory ....sorry for the late comment. Rosi x

A Slide & Pop Draw Birthday Treat Box

Hey there and welcome. I hope you have a fabulous week so far. In today’s post, I’d like to share my DT creation for Creative Knockouts . Th...